Salman Ansari is embracing his inner polymath, and exploring his imaginations as the Quick Brown Fox. he is the AntiFool.
In this episode, we're going to talk about weird and wonderful things in the world of fiction, exploring mediums and more.
Our guest is Salman Ansari who writes a newsletter called the Quick Brown Fox: it's about creativity, self-awareness and learning in public sharing, essays, notes, videos, illustrations, animations, and all of his learnings on the creative process. His journey is non-linear, and that is more than enough for me to be attracted to his story.
We talk about:
- Embracing multitudes and the multifaceted life
- Who are the characters within us that we explore and articulate when defining our personas online?
- How he explores different mediums in his newsletter
- How society conditioned us into thinking that specialization is more important than embracing our polymathic selves.
- [00:00:00] Introduction
- [00:02:21] The new world of big windows and small windows
- [00:05:29] Managing your online vs offline self
- [00:09:58] So much of our existence is now in that little rectangle
- [00:17:28] The multifaceted human being
- [00:24:02] The end states come from past experiences and vivid imaginations
- [00:26:26] On Whimsical fables and the power of language
- [00:30:30] Replenish your energy in multitudes
- [00:34:02] Murduring your multitudes to survive
- [00:40:47] Identity is key to your capacity to explore
- [00:45:49] Persuading someone of their polymathy
- [00:52:06] Walking for productivity vs. Walking to walk
- [00:56:43] My legacy is plural
- [00:58:28] Conditioned into thinking our job gives us the right to live
- [01:05:16] Multitude creators can gift you the gift of belonging in plurals
- [01:08:29] Salman's Memento
- [01:10:26] Salman's Walkaway Wisdom
- [01:12:16] Salman's Personal Dictionary